Thursday, July 24, 2008

JUNE SHOW AND TELL

Alison: My online group (Southern Cross Quilters) had a Retreat in Sydney and we swapped signature blocks. There were approx 125 participants and each person made a block consisting of a half-square triangle with your signature and/or decoration (stamped, embroidered, beaded etc) plus a coloured half-square triangle. The theme of the Retreat was "Jewel Colours". I still have to add the borders and quilt it!!
Maggie:

Anne:

The sampler Crazy quilt I made because I hadn't done one before and I thought it would be a good piece to do at quilting group. The colours I chose just because I liked them. I have actually made it into a cushion cover.



Anne:
I bought the material because I just loved the colours and Sandra S had just finished a very simple quilt made up of 7 strips so I had the idea that I would do that. However, when I went to make it I decided that was a bit too simple for my tidy mind so I cut the fabric into lots of different and varying widths and sewed them into squares which I then cut down into exact squares and sewed them together again. I have been very pleased to learn that I can make a quilt without a pattern to follow which I wouldn't have dreamed of doing until I joined our quilting group and saw how many wonderful things are possible.