Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Show & Tell June

JaniceWedding

The quilt is a wedding present - if I get it finished - for the daughter of a friend of mine. I am calling it the Japanese Chinese wedding quilt.  Both the bride and groom have links with Singapore as their parents lived here so I wanted to make it with a Chinese theme.  So I ended up with Japanese fabric of course!  The centre is not the double happiness that I thought - thanks Maurine - but it is associated with weddings.  Half of the squares are quilted with the eternal meander symbolising yin and yang - again thanks Maurine as I just chose it because it is often on Chinese brocade!  Running out of time the other half of the squares I just quilted on the diagonal.  Now I have the dragonflies of the border to do before it is finished

Janice

\

No comments: